Bon bini on Curaçao at Villa Breeze Curaçao
The number of COVID-19 infections has remained very limited on Curaçao and the spread of the virus is under control. All the more reason to start receiving guests again in a safe and controlled way from July 1, 2020.
The Curaçao Tourist Board works closely with the Ministry of Health, Environment and Nature, the Ministry of Economic Development, the Curaçao aviation authorities and other government agencies to ensure a safe reopening. Guidelines have been drawn up and implemented in the tourism sector to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Travellers from the Netherlands, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Canada and China travel to Curaçao again. In the month of July approximately 9,000 tourists came to Curaçao, most of them from the Netherlands. Look for the countries always on the site of the government as it is updated daily.
You have to show a certificate of a negative test result of a COVID-19 PCR-test (nose and throat) for each person in the travel company and carry it printed out. This test may be taken no more than 72 hours before departure. In the Netherlands this can be done at an institution approved by the RIVM such as:
- KLM Travel Clinic (Amsterdam) https://klmhealthservices.com.
- The Huisartslab (several locations throughout the Netherlands) NOW with discount voucher for guests Villa Breeze, as long as supplies last).
- If you have booked your ticket through TUI, please check the website https://www.hethuisartslab.com https://www.tui.nl/corona-maatregelen/pcr-test/.
You can also contact your doctor for a referral to the nearest institution. Please note: since July 20, the so-called 'gargle test' is no longer accepted by the government of Curaçao. In addition, the written result must contain the word 'negative'. (no other words such as: 'not established'). At check-in counters or immigration it will be misinterpreted differently.
Before departure, you have to go through 3 steps on dicardcuracao.com: (take the time for it especially if you have to process it for a whole family)
- You need to fill in the digital immigration card online before departure. This can be done from June 25th via dicardcuracao.com. Villa Breeze is on the accommodation list.
- You need to digitally fill in a Passenger Locator Card (PLC) up to 48 hours before departure and carry it printed with you. This can also be done on dicardcuracao.com. Choose an international traveller. The form says that you have to mail but this is only if you can't upload.
- You must upload the negative test result of the COVID-19 PCR test on dicardcuracao.com before departure.
Also important is
- You can download a health declaration of the RIVM on the RIVM site. Note that it is not necessary for children under 13 years. Our advice: just fill in, because people are not always sure that this is known to the immigration service of Curacao.
- Put the 4 printed forms ordered by name in the corresponding passport at check-in at Schiphol as well as for the immigration service in Curaçao.
- Immigration involves 3 forms. Your ID card will be stamped and returned to you on departure. You also have to fill in the RIVM health declaration upon departure from Curaçao. (so print extra copies and put them in your suitcase)
This applies to all travelers to Curacao:
- At least 14 days before departure you have not visited any other country or city with a high risk for COVID-19. If that is the case, you must go into mandatory quarantine. We have already heard from guests who were immediately sent back to Holland or are not allowed on the plane. So take this seriously.
- Of all the above mentioned steps you will need to carry a printed confirmation with you while traveling.
- You need to be adequately insured for medical care and any additional costs should you be placed in quarantine or fall ill during your stay. (Check your travel insurance, ANWB has travel and cancellation insurance that also pays out in case of a positive PCR test).
- If you do not meet the above conditions, you may be placed in quarantine upon arrival. This is entirely at your own expense.
During your stay on Curacao:
- If during your stay on Curaçao you are tested positive for COVID-19, you will immediately be placed in quarantine.
- All tourism companies follow the 'A Dushi Stay, the Healthy Way' guidelines to ensure the safety of guests and staff while you enjoy a relaxed, safe environment. If you book or have booked a private villa, you will have less to do with this.
- If during your stay on Curacao you experience symptoms related to COVID-19 (dry cough, fever, fatigue, sore throat, headache, loss of taste and/or smell) you should immediately contact the GGD on the local phone number 9345.
- Guests are asked to wash their hands regularly with hygienic alcohol-based hand washing detergent and have access to hand washing facilities with soap, paper to dry hands and automatic dryers.
- Everyone should always keep 2 metres away from other people.
- If it is not possible to keep 2 meters distance, you should wear a mouth mask.
- Restaurants, bars, beach clubs and other catering establishments are open closed bars and nightclubs are close as of August 6). Guests are requested to make reservations.
- Transportation to and from the airport is carried out according to guidelines. You can rent a car and move freely on the island.
This information comes from the website of the Curaçao Tourist Board (CTB) of July 1, 2020 and is regularly updated and adapted for renting a private villa.