Bon bini on Curaçao at Villa Breeze Curaçao
The number of COVID-19 infections has remained very limited on Curaçao and the spread of the virus is under control. All the more reason to start receiving guests again in a safe and controlled way from July 1, 2020.
The Curaçao Tourist Board works closely with the Ministry of Health, Environment and Nature, the Ministry of Economic Development, the Curaçao aviation authorities and other government agencies to ensure a safe reopening. Guidelines have been drawn up and implemented in the tourism sector to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
As of July 1, travellers from the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Canada and China will be able to travel to Curaçao again. A maximum of 10,000 travellers will be admitted in the first month in order to minimize the burden on the healthcare system. After this first month, more travellers may be welcomed.
You must show a certificate of a negative test result of a COVID-19 PCR test for each person in the travel party and carry a printed copy with you. This test may be taken no more than 72 hours before departure. In the Netherlands this can be done at an institution approved by the RIVM such as:
- KLM Travel Clinic (Amsterdam) https://klmhealthservices.com.
- The General Practitioner's Lab (several locations throughout the Netherlands)
- If you have booked your ticket through TUI please check the website https://www.hethuisartslab.com https://www.tui.nl/corona-maatregelen/pcr-test/.
- You can also contact your doctor for a referral to the nearest institution.
Before leaving, you need to go through 3 steps on wwwdicardcuracao.com
This applies to all travelers to Curaçao:
- At least 14 days prior to departure you have not visited any other country or city with a high risk for COVID-19. If you have, you must go into mandatory quarantine.
- You will need to carry a printed confirmation of all the above steps with you while travelling.
- You need to be adequately insured for medical care and any additional costs should you be placed in quarantine or fall ill during your stay. (check your travel insurance)
If you do not meet the above conditions, you may be placed in quarantine upon arrival. This is entirely at your own expense.
During your stay on Curaçao:
- If during your stay on Curaçao you are tested positive for COVID-19, you will immediately be placed in quarantine.
- All tourism companies follow the 'A Dushi Stay, the Healthy Way' guidelines to ensure the safety of guests and staff while you enjoy a relaxed, safe environment. If you book or have booked a private villa, you will have less to do with this.
- If during your stay on Curaçao you experience symptoms related to COVID-19 (dry cough, fever, fatigue, sore throat, headache, loss of taste and/or smell) you should immediately contact the GGD on the local phone number 9345.
- Guests are asked to wash their hands regularly with hygienic alcohol-based hand washing detergent and have access to hand washing facilities with soap, paper to dry hands and automatic dryers.
- Everyone should always keep 2 meters away from other people.
- If it is not possible to keep 2 meters distance, you should wear a mouth mask.
- Restaurants, bars, beach clubs and other catering establishments are open. Guests are requested to make reservations.
- Transportation to and from the airport is carried out according to guidelines. You can rent a car and move freely on the island.
This information comes from the website of the Curaçao Tourist Board (CTB) of July 1st, 2020 and is regularly updated and adapted for renting a private villa.